About Me

My photo
Contemporary and Candid with an Elegant Style Photography and Custom Design

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

great wide open • valley storms KimberlyElaine365 D33

Even though there have been some crazy obstacles lately, it seems like there have also been a lot of opportunity which feels good. That is how I view kids, endless possibilities their lives are wide open for whatever they want to do. I always thought we should pay more attention to how children are, to how they view things. Kids minds aren't all clouded up with adult problems, they are so simple at how they view the world... more realistic.



Somebody definitely conquered her fears!



 I love this image of Joe & Kailyn...







and Ohio outdoes itself with some cool valley storm clouds! I thought I was done photographing for the day but then I saw that wall cloud Sunday evening.




 I spend so much time as a photographer trying to freeze action, this time I decided to do some longer exposures than normal to express how quickly these clouds were moving and the crazy wind that came with it. The trees were shaking back and forth violently.

These exposures (above & below on left) are between 2-3 seconds each. The next image on the right is as the scene actually looked with a normal exposure to freeze the clouds. It was a mean storm, but it was certainly beautiful. Everyone came outside just to stare up at the sky.

1 comment:

  1. Kim,

    I love the commentary! I'm learning so much about photography from you.

    Shero

    ReplyDelete