About Me

My photo
Contemporary and Candid with an Elegant Style Photography and Custom Design

Friday, June 11, 2010

obstacles KimberlyElaine365 D17

Obstacles are in front of us on a day to day basis. The future looks unclear and obstacles seem quite impossible, but with a little perseverance can be overcome.

It seems this is somewhat symbolic for me the last few years. I feel our family has definitely had our fair share of obstacles, or I would even call it bad luck. I know I have said it before but somehow no matter how awful it seems, we always make it through. Just one day at a time, sort of like this challenge. It seems so overwhelming when I really think about taking my camera everywhere for an entire year and all the other aspects that come with the project. But when approached as a day to day project just one single day at a time it is actually quite doable and not so overwhelming anymore. I am definitely taking that concept over to remember wholeheartedly in my life. I used to be bitter and somewhat negative when it came to thinking about all the bad luck, now I appreciate every bit of it because it has made me one strong woman and mother who is determined not to give up. As my daughter would say, "never ever."


I know I'm not alone in my challenges with the obstacles in life, we all have them. It's because of this that I end today with a quote from someone who was quite pertinent in Dayton & Ohio history for that matter.

"Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down." ~Charles F. Kettering

No comments:

Post a Comment