About Me

My photo
Contemporary and Candid with an Elegant Style Photography and Custom Design

Thursday, June 17, 2010

artistic expression KimberlyElaine365 D22

Father's Day is coming up and when Kailyn heard it was on Sunday she said she should get the paint out and make daddy a card. I was impressed, that was thoughtful of her and even though she has as my dad says "a memory like an elephant," it still surprises me what she remembers. We paint or color cards for daddy and papa each father's day. Since she was being so thoughtful I decided to deal with the mess and get the paint out to let her have a blast. Which she totally did.

I have to say I am proud of my little budding artist. For years art has provided me a necessary outlet for self expression, emotions, and now in my adulthood it has provided support for my family. I would love if my daughter had an appreciation for the arts and it definitely seems like she in interested. She seems to have an interest in all kinds of artistic expressions, even loves music and dancing... a whole lot!

During my research of another photographer's work today I was so touched that I wanted to share a link to the post. The photographer is Jasmine Star who is an LA based photog and she shoots fabulous images. This is her post called "Grace Anytime" about Grace, a fifteen year old girl with cancer who is stunningly beautiful inside and out.

In my own form of artistic expression, my images of my daughters artistic expression for her father:



One thing is for sure, artistic expression is exhausting.

But it sure is fun & brings such beautiful results.

No comments:

Post a Comment