About Me

My photo
Contemporary and Candid with an Elegant Style Photography and Custom Design

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Albums & DVDs KimberlyElaine365 D29

For what it's worth I have noticed in the last few years that June is a difficult month. I'm not sure why it always works that way, but for me it just does. Good news though, I see July- it's in my sight.

Seriously though, there have been A LOT of obstacles lately. Luckily my camera didn't punk out on me like the old computer did and I have still been able to take my images everyday and do my various research for the project. My computer & time capsule hard drive went a bit haywire this week but with the effort of my husband the issue has now miraculously resolved. My cell phone which is supposed to help me stay in touch and caught up with my business has spent the entire month also punking out. The speaker goes in and out and basically decides to work whenever it feels like it. It rings out loud on maybe 1 out of 10 phone calls. The SD card which has over 1000 images on it randomly tells me the card is corrupt and blank. That doesn't work so well for me, I am now on my third phone in 3 weeks and this new one from 2 days ago is now acting up as well. The car, well don't even get me started there that's a whole blog post in itself. The moral of the story, I guess that would have to be that crappy things just seem to happen at the same time... it's just life. The sooner we realize that the better, no point in blaming anyone or getting discouraged because that will just make it snowball into a bigger problem. One day at a time, right?

Since it has been a rough week I took an easy day for D29 of the challenge. I shot some archival images of one of my client's wedding albums, Beth & Joe. It was a perfect wedding to shoot some archival images in an album because the wedding was gorgeous. The church they married in was beautiful and the reception was at the Dayton Art Institute which needless to say was stunning. Beth chose fantastic albums to preserve all her memories in. The details of how the albums are put together are great and of the highest quality.




It will be good to add the photos in to my business materials to show other clients available options for preserving all those wedding memories. I also chose to photograph a couple custom designs I've done. I've never taken the time to photograph all the work I do, but I have to say after this experience I'm going to photograph all of it. After some time you begin to forget all the projects you've worked on over the years, what better way to remember than documenting them with photos. It makes sense, it just doesn't make sense why I haven't done it sooner.  You have to start somewhere, and this was a good place to start for me.


3 comments:

  1. Nice wedding packages. I like the design that you've created for the fronts of the cds -- elegant and spiffy. I am sending positive vibes for many, many lovely wedding photography sessions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes obstacles do seem to be rolled into these massive bundles of challenge, don't they? I remember us having big, almost ironic bundles in 2003-2004. Remind me to tell you about all that sometime. Sending strength and hugs.
    I'm glad that at least your month that seems to always present obstacles is the one with the most sunlight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Serene! I'm glad it has the most sunlight too, that helps a lot!

    ReplyDelete