About Me

My photo
Contemporary and Candid with an Elegant Style Photography and Custom Design

Friday, June 25, 2010

unknown thought KimberlyElaine365 D30

As I'm looking through all my images for D30 I'm realizing that there is definitely a theme going on. I'm seeing my big girl all grown up and looking at the images it made me think of my favorite song, my new favorite song that is.

I really think favorite songs have a lot to do with what state of life you are in. For a long time my song was Rearviewmirror by Pearl Jam. Now for those of you who know this song, I don't relate to it literally however the music is rocking & passionate and being an artist I can easily relate to the lyrics symbolically. I spent most of my teen years and most of my twenties living with this song as my theme.

Then something happened and the way I looked at the world completely changed. Certain things that had held such importance to me for so many years were just not that important any more. These things no longer defined who I was as a person, I define me... not what has happened to me. A tough, and long lesson for me to learn.

My husband and daughter had such a big impact on my life, on the way I think about things and weigh their importance. My new favorite song is powerful and motivational to me, I had to listen to it everyday the final year I worked at my last designer job. Listening to it every morning gave me the will power to show up there, deal with every obstacle that would find it's way into my office, and somehow smile back defiantly at all those... shall we call them "obstacles."

The state of life I'm in now, I appreciate wholeheartedly.

My new favorite song... Unknown Thought: by Pearl Jam (of course ;)

All the thoughts you never see 
You are always thinking 
Brain is wide, the brain is deep
Oh, are you sinking? 

Feel the path of every day 
Which road you taking? 
Breathing hard, making hay 
Yeah, this is living




 Look for love in evidence That you're worth keeping 
Swallowed whole in negatives It's so sad and sickening
Feel the air up above Oh, pool of blue sky 
Fill the air up with love All black with starlight




Feel the sky blanket you 
With gems and rhinestones!!! 
See the path cut by the moon 
For you to walk on...
 
See the waves on distant shores 
Awaiting your arrival 




Dream the dreams of other men 
You'll be no one's rival 
Dream the dreams of others then 
You will be no one's rival...
You will be no one's rival 




A distant time, a distant space 
That's where we're living 
A distant time, a distant place 
So what ya giving? 
What ya giving?

The main reason it made me think of the song when I was looking through Kailyn's images from Day 30 was that she was so deep in thought. I have no way of really knowing what's going on in that brain of hers. So many things to thing about, so many decisions to make in life. Who knows where her path will go but I love watching the journey.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Your daughter is such a blessing. There's so much, just so much in life, huh?

    This song was stuck in my head yesterday. I started singing aloud without realizing it, then Dave was singing it too.

    ReplyDelete