About Me

My photo
Contemporary and Candid with an Elegant Style Photography and Custom Design

Friday, June 4, 2010

daydreaming & tiger lilies KimberlyElaine365 D10

Kailyn and I were out at Athena's Bridal in downtown historic Centerville again today. Beth (Athena's owner) pointed out the beautiful tiger lilies blooming next to an old rustic barn. Downtown Centerville has some fantastic old buildings with great texture and obviously a ton of character and history. She suggested I should get some pictures of Kailyn in front of the barn while the lilies are blooming and since I am taking part in this challenge of course my camera was handy.

Kailyn loves to daydream, she is so creative. I hear her up in her room talking for hours acting out different situations with her stuffed animals. She goes into this trance when she is really thinking about something. She just stops and thinks... super hard. This was one of those times. I'm not sure if it was the flowers, the sun in her eyes, or if she was thinking about Beth who was talking to her from the side or maybe something else entirely, but she was definitely in deep thought.


I just love these images. I always heard people talk through the years about how fast kids grow but nothing can prepare you for how quick it really is until it happens to you. Somehow my little baby is a big girl and is growing up before my very eyes. Time flies and I'm fortunate I'm able to capture her different stages in photographs to remember and to share with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment