About Me

My photo
Contemporary and Candid with an Elegant Style Photography and Custom Design

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

freezing water KimberlyElaine365 D8

I always loved all my photography classes in high school with Mrs. Donaldson (Mrs. D) and Lou up at BG, so I am actually enjoying getting into the old photo books and reading sections of my manual every day.

My daughter loves her water table so I figured it would be perfect opportunity to pull out the camera and get some shots freezing the water droplets and working with my shutter speeds. I ranged from 1/100 all the way to 1/1000 and it was interesting to me that most of my favorites were right in the middle- 1/320. It is really nice to take the time out and pay attention to every detail of the different exposures and effect that they give. This gives me an opportunity to test different techniques out that I will be able to use in sessions and all of my photography in the future.



Of course if you know Kailyn, you know she had to stick her face in the water, that's pretty typical Kailyn! What I love about this challenge is that it made me get out the camera and figure exactly which exposure would be perfect for capturing the action and mood of the day. It also helps me to stay up on my personal photography, which I often put to the side-taking months (ugh...that sounds bad) to actually process them out to JPGS. There comes a point in the journey through building a good foundation for a photography business you want to find a good balance for both that and your personal images too. I think I'm finally finding my balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment