About Me

My photo
Contemporary and Candid with an Elegant Style Photography and Custom Design

Friday, June 18, 2010

"Freedom" Ideas for 365 project

I've been thinking about some ideas for my 365 project, because with 341 days left- well it is somewhat daunting to imagine that I will have something worthwhile to photograph every single day although I think I have had great luck so far.

Since the 4th of July is coming up here and I have had interest from several mom's about having me photograph their children for the project I was thinking that I would have a childrens shoot at the park. The theme for the challenge that day would be "freedom" in honor of the 4th of July. The only requirement being that I would like to have all the kids that participate where a red, white & blue color scheme. I would love to have at least 10-15 kids but would settle for at least 5 in order to hold the event and will take as many children that would like to participate.

From KE365 Day6 In Memory

The event will cost nothing for the parents to attend and have the children photographed. It will be held at Cox Arboretum in Dayton. I was thinking I would set a time (to be determined very soon- the two days I am deciding upon are July 3rd or 4th) and have everyone meet at Cox to shoot for 1/2 hour approximately. Parents will have the option to purchase the 365 challenge "Freedom" image from the day and any other images that may be taken of the child/children during the shoot. 10% of all proceeds from the event will be given to the Honor Flight Dayton which flies veterans to see the memorial that was built in honor of their service to us and our country.

I would love to hear from you and be sure to let me know how many children and what ages they are if you would like to be included in the event. If you are interested please comment below or feel free to message me on facebook. Once I know for sure I have at least 5 kids interested I will post the official date and time to see how many we can get to participate.

2 comments:

  1. Kim,

    I'd love to bring Raaidha along... I'm pretty sure we'll be in town that weekend. I can bring along two more kids if you like - obviously somebody else's so I'd have to borrow them.

    Shero

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shero! That would be wonderful to have Raaidha!If you can bring the other two also that would be wonderful, the more the merrier! So far we have at least 7 kids so it is officially on and looks like it will be on the 3rd of July. I will post more details as soon as I can and let you know. Thanks for your help!!

    ReplyDelete