About Me

My photo
Contemporary and Candid with an Elegant Style Photography and Custom Design

Monday, June 7, 2010

little things KimberlyElaine365 D12

I was talking to my older brother the other day after he heard about the 365 project I was doing. He came outside to check out the raindrop series I was working on. It was funny to me that he was pointing out that it was cool how I was noticing the little things... when I always looked at it that he was one of those people in my life who helped me to notice the little things. He has a strong appreciation for our planet, environment and all the creatures that live on it. He opened my eyes to the effects of global warming and what mankind has done to the earth nearly fifteen years ago, long before the going green craze. But here he stood pointing out how I was doing the very same thing, observing the little things.

I thought about this as I began editing my D12 images, and it made me think of all the little things I had noticed- the perfect shadows for the lily pads, the bright green and vivid lines on the leaves, the bright blue reflection from the sky and clouds, and even the bullfrog that was hiding near the edge.




Sometimes it isn't the huge events that happen to us that make a big impact, sometimes it's the most simple details... the little things that tell the perfect story.

1 comment:

  1. I am certain that your brother learned as much from you as you from him. He loves you so. You wrote about the way that he appreciates his surroundings really well. That's a true gift; thanks.

    Halfway submerged froggy is so fascinating.

    ReplyDelete