About Me

My photo
Contemporary and Candid with an Elegant Style Photography and Custom Design

Sunday, June 13, 2010

journey • faces (part 2) • the wetlands KimberlyElaine365 D19

My journey is always up and down, back and forth probably how a lot of us have felt over the last few years. Sometimes it would be nice to have such a clear defined path for us, a nice, sturdy and smooth path to travel on. We all not it's just not that easy though.

Being a photographer & designer on my own isn't even a choice anymore, it's what I have to do to stay true to myself. In my previous full-time position at a promotion company I loved the work (when I actually got it) but was miserable with the situation. Stressed to the point of being ill. Being stuck in a job that is killing you from the inside out is not the way to go, trust me on that one. If I have learned anything the last year it is that I have to stay true to myself or happiness will never be within reach.



I actually thought this was something created by a child or maybe a playful adult.
Really it's just mother nature being a bit playful herself.



The wetlands series was done in my hometown of Beavercreek, Ohio. Much of the wetlands area has been destroyed through development but we were lucky that they preserved several sections of it. It is a beautiful area, I had never seen it quite this flooded before. My daughter was so disappointed that our journey through the wetlands ended a bit short as the only path to the back of the park was covered in swampy water. If you are from the area I highly suggest checking these parks out sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment