About Me

My photo
Contemporary and Candid with an Elegant Style Photography and Custom Design

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Flying | KE365 | D60

Again with the symbols, this awesome butterfly was hanging out with the kids at my High School Reunion Picnic. I love butterflies, they are so beautiful but what I really love about them is they always seem to show up at exactly the right moment. For example after my grandpa passed who was one of the greatest men in the world to me, my family was out on our patio right after the funeral and the same species of butterfly that had been on the image of everything at his funeral showed up on our flowers and stayed there for a long time. I will never forget that moment, it and the butterfly are burned into my memory.

Butterflies can symbolize so many things from growth and life cycle to beauty and independence.

I thought I would be posting images of the reunion, both yesterday and today. After I got to the happy hour celebration Friday though, I sat and talked, relaxed for a change and really didn't take any images at all. That is so unusual but I'm really glad that is what I decided to do.

Then at the reunion this butterfly shows, luckily my friend Rion pointed it out and I got a chance to capture this one:





To me it seems that all throughout high school I was in a cocoon, but now my wings are out and I'm flying.

I did take some images at my reunion picnic at least, other than the butterfly of course. I got some shots of some of the offspring from our class which I will share later over on my FB page.

No comments:

Post a Comment