About Me

My photo
Contemporary and Candid with an Elegant Style Photography and Custom Design

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Becoming Extinct | KE365 | D59

It makes me kind of sad to see all the land where I grew up slowly disappear. These images were taken very close to where I spent my whole childhood growing up. I used to sit way up on top of that hill under the trees with friends just looking out at the miles of land. Now it overlooks a nice new development. This beautiful hill is the next spot to go and I didn't realized at the time how very lucky I was to get a chance to capture these images.



Had it not been for this challenge and knowing I needed to get an image for the day (and of course my daughters pleading) I might not have lugged out the heavy stroller and taken my daughter out for the long walk on an crazy hot day. As I drove past the spot the very next day... there went the farmer plowing down the entire field. Who knows, by the time there are this many flowers growing wildly in this field again as it was throughout my childhood there will probably be a house or maybe 10 right in the middle of it.

1 comment: