About Me

My photo
Contemporary and Candid with an Elegant Style Photography and Custom Design

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Simple Yet Complex | KE365 | D71

I love how something so simple can really appear so complex when you take a close look at it. So many little details go into making it whole.



Here are a more couple little tips for those aspiring photographers and those interested in improving their images, I often get asked how I get such cool angles and perspectives. Well, first off get on the same playing field as your subject, get down to their level. In this case, I was on the ground with the plant.

Second is something so simple, don't always center and take your image from square on to your subject. Tilting your camera to a slight angle often gives it that new perspective that takes it from being ordinary to unique. My graphic designer eye is also at work in the image above adding to that perspective. Since we read from right to left and top to bottom in the US, I composed the image to have the plant run from top left through the bottom right which helps pull the viewers eye across the image. Simple little tools add a lot to make a simple image a little sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment