About Me

My photo
Contemporary and Candid with an Elegant Style Photography and Custom Design

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Dreams | KE365 | D75

I have been touched the last week at the response from those of you who reached out to see what is going on with my 365 project. Of course I'm still doing it! I just haven't been able to get to posting & blogging them. I have a lot of days to catch up on posting but have been so fortunate to find some personal time each morning or night to research and photograph. I have been caught up in some important projects for KimberlyElaine and feel so good to be on track again. I should be catching my posts up now a few at a time so that I remain on schedule with the rest of my projects. Thank you to those of you who have checked in, it makes it feel a little more worthwhile.

As a little girl I had so many dreams, one of my dreams along the way was to be an artist. I didn't realize at the time that there were so many avenues in which I could travel down that path. I did the art school thing, I worked at places who had a need for creative people along the way. I just didn't realize the creative need these people wanted was not the same creative process that I desired to take part in. I like originality, I understand that we all need inspiration from things and as artists that is how we all progress but there comes a point when you are just directly copying what someone else has done. I just don't feel like that is creative and it didn't fill up the hole inside of me that true creativity would.

I feel like it is a similar situation for my good friend Beth. She is fantastic at business & marketing and worked in the promotional industry for years. She was really good. Deep down she just wasn't happy though. She made such a smart decision along the way and left the promotional industry to pursue her dream of owning her own bridal store. Beth now owns Athena's Bridal in Centerville and in the last year she has completely transformed the company into a modern, elegant and stylish establishment. If you would have seen Athena's a year ago and then walked in there today you would just be astonished, I assure you. It makes me so happy to sit back and realize where we are today. Happy. I am getting to be creative in the way that I love and Beth is using her business ability to make other girls dreams come true. It is a beautiful thing. At the end of a day it really makes me smile.

We shot the Athena's Ad I was telling you about for Day 74 on Day 75 and it went better than I could have wanted. I had awesome models, Stacey has modeled for me for ads before and it's just in her nature or something. It's too easy. Stacey modeled Athena's most popular dress, it is a gorgeous gown. Mark and Kailyn did fantastic too. I kind of thought I wouldn't end up with any images with my daughter in them. She is really shy at first, especially around boys. Towards the end of the shoot she just stated hamming it up though and now all she does is talk about Stacey the princess. It was adorable and I was really proud of her.

This time we chose to shoot down in the Oregon District, the urban atmosphere always turns out so cool in images.



This is such a beautiful dress, I love it.















Took some shots for the old portfolio too..



Have to finish with another one of those images that just made me stop and think wow, my little girl has really grown up.


No comments:

Post a Comment