About Me

My photo
Contemporary and Candid with an Elegant Style Photography and Custom Design

Friday, September 3, 2010

Silhouette in Bokeh | KE365 | Day 101

During my 365 project I have learned technical skills from studying my manual and various photography books. I have also learned a lot in the great deal of shooting that comes along with taking your camera everywhere, everyday. Some things you can't learn from your manual and you have to gain the skill from experience. That's why this project is so awesome because it keeps you learning in so many ways.

Day 101, working with shallow depth of field and more specifically with creating a bokeh effect in a different way. A bokeh is just the term used for the area that is out of focus in a shallow depth of field shot. Often you will see out of focus, beautiful circles or orbs... this is a bokeh.

For the shot below, I was working at dusk in a small amount of light. I focused back and forth until I had a streetlight positioned directly behind several of the plants. This created a silhouette form of the plants within the bokeh.



Shot with 50mm lens at 1/60s, f/1.8 & ISO400

No comments:

Post a Comment