About Me

My photo
Contemporary and Candid with an Elegant Style Photography and Custom Design

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Deep Color & Spectral Highlights | KE365 | Day 109

Working on water effects for Day 109, freezing and blurring. I decided to work right at sunset to get some deep colors in the water rather than the bright white I would have gotten working during daylight hours. This caused the highlights to stand out against the vivid color.

 Shot at 1/100s, F/4, ISO 100

 
Shot at 1/80s, F/5.6, ISO 400

I typically shoot using natural light, I do use speed flash units for some images at both weddings and receptions or other low light situations that might require it. I don't typically use it for capturing anything else, I just use natural light because natural light is pure, gorgeous and much more realistic looking. Occasionally I might find a nice use for flash such as the above image of the stream of water. I actually like the spectral highlights it creates by hitting the little beads of water, I also like the rainbow bokeh that only would have happened in this case by using the flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment