About Me

My photo
Contemporary and Candid with an Elegant Style Photography and Custom Design

Monday, September 27, 2010

Santo Sheetmetal | KE365 | Day 112

There was a beautiful sunset on Day 112 which led my eyes directly up to the cupola and weather vane on my parents house. My grandfather had a business called Santo Sheetmetal and this was one of his creations. I love hearing about my relatives that made their way of living from creative artistry. I think it is amazing when you can make something with your own two hands and turn it into a passion that sustains time and is your way of life. It inspires me.




My mom was just telling me this story about when she and my sister were shopping out in Santa Clara, California. My mom looked up and happened to notice a Santo Sheetmetal cupola on top of what had previously been an Old Red Barn restaurant! How amazing for her to be all the way across the country and see something that her dad made years ago still standing strong on top of a building!

It's impressive to realize his work is on buildings all over the country and his company even worked with well known builders, Ryan homes. There isn't much info out there but I found this Old Red Barn link with some photos of one of the restaurants being moved. It makes me wonder if my grandpa made that cupola.

No comments:

Post a Comment