About Me

My photo
Contemporary and Candid with an Elegant Style Photography and Custom Design

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Freedom Kids

I would like to start this post by saying Thank You. There were so many individuals and families that stepped forward to make this happen. The idea started only a short time before the Freedom Kids event but as you can probably tell by the turn out that it evolved into something much greater. I set out to photograph some children and design something to say thank you to all the Veterans that have served our country. I decided to use Honor Flight of Dayton as my gateway to finding these Veterans. Honor flight is wonderful, they work on a donation basis and send Veterans to all the memorials in D.C. that were built for them, in honor of their service. Most of these Veterans have never thought of going to the memorials as a possibility, Honor Flight makes it happen for free.

I was so proud to be part of this community of people that stepped forward, these kids were amazing.



Through the whole design process the ideas started to evolve into doing a poster or large print. With large number of kids involved and desiring for each child to get their spot in the final print and also for the fact that a good deal of the Veterans this was intended for are elderly, doing a larger print just made sense.

I don't want to say too much about the designs itself as I don't want to influence anyone on how they might like to vote. I would love to hear any feedback anyone might have or even just a quick comment to add your vote would be great.


You can find the Freedom Kids Designs here. Feel free to post a comment here to let me know which you would like to vote for or just leave a comment in the design gallery.

50% of profits from all Freedom Kids print sales will go to Honor Flight of Dayton through September 27th so make sure to get those orders in before then to help send area Veterans to D.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment