About Me

My photo
Contemporary and Candid with an Elegant Style Photography and Custom Design

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Joy KE365D1 (Day 1 tasra365)

Today will my first day in the tasra365 challenge (http://tasramar.com/join-the-challenge/tasra365-rules/) in which I will take my camera with me, research at least one photographer, and read one page in my camera manual every day for one year.

I was going to start the year long challenge on my birthday May first... but as life would have it, just didn't work out. My family traveled down to Mississippi where my husbands parents were, where my father-in-.law was trying to recover from a serious reaction to,heart medication. Life has thrown many obstacles in our path lately, in fact this whole year. Somehow we always make the best of it, the most, and always make it through. My daughter Kailyn brings our family strength, love and pure joy. Children have this way of distracting you from the negative by bringing you so many positives, by bringing you joy. They don't even have to try, it's just natural and it's who they are.

My first images for the challenge are of this pure joy that I describe above. You can see the clear look of it in her eyes, the bright shining stars that they are. Even on the hardest days in life, children have the power to show you the light at the end of the tunnel.

Although these images were not taken today, I know they are important to me to use as my first images in the challenge. The reason I want to do this challenge to strive to be a better photographer and designer is not just for myself, but to show my daughter that you can be happy in life with what you choose to do. You can always better yourself and seek to be the best you can possibly be.


1 comment:

  1. Kailyn is such a precious person. It will bring her JOY as she grows up to see her mama working hard to do what she dreams, and what means most to her. The Tasra Challenge sounds like a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete