About Me

My photo
Contemporary and Candid with an Elegant Style Photography and Custom Design

Monday, May 31, 2010

In Memory KimberlyElaine365 D6

On a day like Memorial Day it is so important to just stop and remember why we actually have this day. Our soldiers have given their lives for us for years, they and their families made sacrifices to protect ours. Even today our men and women travel for months and years at a time, away from their family and risking dangerous conditions and possibly life itself. These men and women are amazing and deserve to be recognized for all they give.

Today our family traveled to Dayton Memorial Park Cemetery where many of my family members are laid to rest. More specifically we went to visit my grandfather who passed in August of 2003. My grandfather was an amazing man who had a huge impact on me in my childhood. My father recently got his ashes a special place at the beautiful cemetery where his parents also rest. When we arrived and began driving through we passed a beautiful line of American Flags that were put out for the holiday. It is somewhat enchanting to see all those flags lined up in a row, so many of them and this is just one little cemetery in north Dayton. It makes you think about all of those people who care so much for freedom that they will line up to protect it. Those people make this country great.



Although my husband and I are not military ourselves, we certainly have been touched by it. Both of my grandfathers were in WWII. My husbands grandfather also fought in WWII and his parents were in the air force for years. We understand how important that commitment is and we appreciate every one of them for giving us the freedoms that so many of us often forget we are lucky to have.



Today was the first time I have been to see where my grandfather now remains. He was such a special person to me, it was actually kind of hard and definitely emotional. Luckily my husband and daughter were with me who are both amazingly good at giving loving and supportive hugs at just the right moment. Since my grandfather was one of the most generous men or even people that I have ever known I felt it would be perfect to leave him one of the beautiful daisies from yesterdays generosity post. After-all on this Memorial Day, he was one of those generous soldiers who gave of themselves for the benefit of others and graced us with his generosity throughout his entire life.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I hear so much about Grandpa Lawrence. He sounds like he was such an amazing person. I'm glad that you left him a daisy.

    ReplyDelete