About Me

My photo
Contemporary and Candid with an Elegant Style Photography and Custom Design

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Faces KE365D2 (Day 2 tasra365)

I found it interesting that just this morning when I was looking through the tasra365 blog that I saw her post from her 2nd day which she photographed the full moon. When I was out this evening with my husband and little girl I hear "look mama, the moon!." I looked and sure enough, not just the moon... but a full moon. Of course I couldn't pass this up as this is also my second day in my personal 365 challenge and the moon has served a big importance in the journey of my photography. My first love was nature photography- the woods, flowers, clouds, birds and animals... and the moon. In all of the photography classes I took, I rarely photographed people. I was almost afraid of it. I did image studies and series on raptors, the environment, low light landscapes but when it came to shooting people I just shied away.

Something happened to me along the way though and my focus and drive shifted. Probably around the time my niece was born and I was co-managing two MotoPhoto's with my now husband. I started to love photographing people and almost as much if not more than my love for nature images. Don't get me wrong, I would never pass up a photo of a beautiful blooming lily of the valley, a bald eagle soaring through the air or a gorgeous sunrise or sunset. I do think that original love for nature has made me a much better photographer but it's made me a better photographer of people! I can combine the love for both now and see similarities in both.





Which brings me to faces, the largest common factor in all my different loves for photography. There is always a face to everything. You can see faces everywhere, even in the moon. Faces are most simply the area which is presented outwardly. If looking at the broader picture, as photographers we photograph the face of everything in each image that we shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment