About Me

My photo
Contemporary and Candid with an Elegant Style Photography and Custom Design

Thursday, March 25, 2010

The end of our first year and Mason's First Birthday!

Mason is a handsome, energetic spirit that I have loved photographing the past year. He is my little model. When realizing Mason's birthday was approaching I began looking back through some of the images from the last year. I made a storyboard of his 6 week and his 1 year portrait. My how he has changed, but he is just as handsome as ever with those beautiful eyes. Here are some images from our first birthday session last weekend...


Mason sure loved his cake! There were so many awesome images it was hard to narrow it down. But it's safe to say, I think he had a blast!

What a journey the last year has been for our family, for our business. It has had ups and downs but no matter what- we always make it through. We have made it the first official year. I have always done freelance, and photographed for my personal business, now called KimberlyElaine but it was one year ago that we shot baby Mason's hospital session. It was our first real out of studio on-location session for Mommy & Daddy Studios. I had been photographing co-workers kids, friends & family for awhile but my husband and I decided it was time to branch out and broaden our vision. We started Mommy & Daddy Studios, a husband and wife (Mommy & Daddy) team that would specialize in capturing candid, raw images of children and families.

We have been so lucky to meet some amazing photographers and clients along the way and we appreciate all the support they have given us. It's the support you receive that pushes you through to achieve greater heights and make more dreams come true. We love what we do and hope we are still writing about how much we love it at 10 years and then 20...

3 comments:

  1. You have a talent for capturing the special facial expressions of your subjects. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you love what you do. It makes it easy to stay dedicated, doesn't it? I like that this is a career that you want for years and years. :o) Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Serene, I do love it... which makes it feel less like work and more like fun!

    ReplyDelete